Fentanyl Test Strips (FTS) and Naloxone Training and Distribution
Harm Reduction (n)
Harm reduction refers to a range of public health policies and personal health choices designed to lessen the negative social and/or physical consequences associated with various human behaviors, both legal and illegal.
WHO ARE WE?
The Harm Reduction Expansion Project (co-sponsored by The Collegiate Recovery Program and PartySafe@Cal) seeks to expand existing harm reduction information, training and resources to address risks of potential fentanyl contamination. We provide the following for students, staff, faculty and student groups:
Low to no cost fentanyl test strips
Harm reduction & recovery awareness education and training resources
Leadership to reduce stigma related to substance use in our campus community, that interferes with our capacity to help ourselves and each other
FREE Fentanyl Test Strips
Locations On Campus
Locations and times are listed below. Limit of 3 per person.
- Monday-Friday: 9 am-5 pm, Sproul Hall #102
- Monday-Friday: 9 am-5 pm, GenEq Center
- Monday-Friday: 9 am-4 pm, Stiles Hall
- Monday-Saturday: UHS Pharmacy
- Wednesday-Saturday: Eshleman Hall
- Sunday-Tuesday: 10 am-4 pm, Eshleman Hall
- Use the Friends of Fentcheck map to find locations that distribute free FTS near campus.
Use this link to learn how to administer naloxone and then complete a short quiz. Upon quiz completion, you’ll receive an email with your Naloxone Training Confirmation which you can show to pick up a naloxone kit at the following times and locations.
- Wednesdays: 1-5 pm, Sproul Hall #102
- Thursdays: 10 am-4 pm, UHS Health Promotion Dept (2nd Floor)
- Monday-Saturday: UHS Pharmacy (fishbowl on the counter), during open hours